One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Afterwards, all the contenders did the sportsmanlike thing and praised each other.’
- ‘We're all adults here and I think everyone is sportsmanlike and takes it all in stride.’
- ‘Just to show you I'm still willing to be sportsmanlike, I'll let you have another try.’
- ‘Susan soon extended her tiny hand across the board for a sportsmanlike victory shake.’
- ‘Accept the defeat and give credit to your opponent in a sportsmanlike manner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.