One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Accept the defeat and give credit to your opponent in a sportsmanlike manner.’
- ‘We're all adults here and I think everyone is sportsmanlike and takes it all in stride.’
- ‘Susan soon extended her tiny hand across the board for a sportsmanlike victory shake.’
- ‘Afterwards, all the contenders did the sportsmanlike thing and praised each other.’
- ‘Just to show you I'm still willing to be sportsmanlike, I'll let you have another try.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.