One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment that takes bets on sporting events and pays out winnings.‘some sportsbooks have quoted odds of about 50/1 for them to win the World Series’
- ‘The biggest advantage of the UK sportsbook is the regulatory environment.’
- ‘The first step is finding a sportsbook with a long history of serving customers with little to no complaints.’
- ‘It is the only sportsbook licensed in not two first world jurisdictions.’
- ‘The company beat analysts' full year forecasts due to tackling its cost base issues, and introducing more of a traditional sportsbook.’
- ‘He is being looked at as a favourite by almost every sportsbook and pundit around the continent.’
- ‘It established a series of industry firsts, including the first sportsbook to accept single match bets across the board.’
- ‘This is going to be a huge week of sharp plays, and if more of these road teams cover than do the home sides, it could be a brutal week to be a sportsbook.’
- ‘The successful sportsbook will offer the widest range of bets possible, while allowing the traditional customer to place his or her standard bet quickly and easily.’
- ‘While they offer both a sportsbook and a casino, in my opinion their forte is the former.’
- ‘The betting options in the sportsbook incorporate a very wide range of international sporting events including football, baseball, boxing, tennis, and rugby — to name a few.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.