One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short-sleeved top, typically made of lightweight stretchable fabric, worn for sport or informal wear.‘he was wearing jeans and a sports shirt’
- ‘Striped pants and jackets come in sombre or bold colours, and vertical striped sports shirts in uneven or even patterns.’
- ‘On and off the tennis court, Ed dressed in tattered short-sleeve sports shirts.’
- ‘When consumers tell us that they are not just concerned with the label on their sports shirt, but also the labour conditions in which it was made, then the business community will respond.’
- ‘The week before Christmas, I found myself in the Mall of America's food court, swimming through a sea of sports shirts.’
- ‘Ted was wearing khakis and a short-sleeved sports shirt.’
- ‘I saw my first typical American male business casual spring/summer outfit for the year: sports shirt, khaki pants and blue blazer.’
- ‘All was going well until we went to the Crescent Hotel where I was refused entry for wearing a sports shirt, even after pointing out what day it was.’
- ‘The sports shirt, white shorts and sports shoes give the appearance of leisure.’
- ‘Woven apparel exports include denim trousers and sports shirts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.