One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of land used for sports.
- ‘The gardens are to the left, the sports grounds to the right, and the stables are straight ahead.’
- ‘A sports ground was cleared and regular events were held.’
- ‘Roofs were covered with snow, as were the sports grounds and outdoor areas.’
- ‘I don't look at the two as they walk the full length of the sports ground.’
- ‘It is close to sports grounds and several schools, churches and bus routes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.