One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of land used for sports.
- ‘I don't look at the two as they walk the full length of the sports ground.’
- ‘A sports ground was cleared and regular events were held.’
- ‘Roofs were covered with snow, as were the sports grounds and outdoor areas.’
- ‘It is close to sports grounds and several schools, churches and bus routes.’
- ‘The gardens are to the left, the sports grounds to the right, and the stables are straight ahead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.