A direct-vision viewfinder typically consisting of a simple frame which allows action outside the field of view of the camera to be seen.
- ‘The left side of the camera has a wire type sports finder with a chromed metal frame in the rear.’
- ‘I'd find one of those old 200 mm sports finders and adapt it.’
- ‘Then look at the sports finders for the Nikon F series.’
- ‘You can have film backs, different view finder hoods, different ground glass, sports finders, flash shoes, cable releases and of course different bags, straps and fan articles.’
- ‘The eyepiece of the sports finder is provided with parallax compensation - adjustment by means of the little knob on the rear flap.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.