One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In both species there are several layers of cells with labyrinthine walls (transfer cells) on both the sporophytic and gametophytic side of the placenta.’
- ‘Seed development requires co-ordinated expression of embryo and endosperm and is controlled by sporophytic, male gametophytic, and female gametophytic genes.’
- ‘The Asteraceae family presents a sporophytic self-incompatibility system, although a partial breakdown of the incompatibility system has been found in several species.’
- ‘Following germination, sporophytic embryo tissue was separated from surrounding female gametophytic tissue.’
- ‘Self-incompatibility mechanisms have traditionally been found to operate in styles with either a sporophytic or gametophytic incompatibility system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.