One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The asexual process of spore formation in parasitic sporozoans.
- ‘Sporozoites, the product of sporogony, migrate to the salivary glands and are injected into the bloodstream when a mosquito bites a person.’
- ‘In at least two, widely divergent systems, electron-dense extracellular tubules have been observed surrounding developing spores during sporogony.’
- ‘The enveloped sporogony is endogenous in spore sacs of sporont origin, daughter cells are formed by vacuolation.’
- ‘Africa, as is widely known, is a generally hot continent, and so is particularly susceptible to more rapid sporogony.’
- ‘The completion of the sporogony takes between 7 days to 8 weeks, depending on the parasite species, the nature of the vector and, more importantly, the environmental conditions, particularly temperature and relative humidity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.