One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an organism or tissue) producing spores.
- ‘Male sporogenesis begins with the division of a diploid sporophytic cell that gives rise to the tapetal initial and the sporogenous cell.’
- ‘To see this layer the region of attachment between spore wall and sporogenous cell wall must be intact, and this is extremely difficult to obtain in broken spores.’
- ‘The columella is surrounded by a sporogenous zone including spore tetrads and pseudoelaters.’
- ‘The sporogenous cells of the ovary lead to the production of the female gametophyte or embryo sac that contains the egg cell.’
- ‘It is in immediate contact with the sporogenous tissue to the inside and to the middle layer to the outside of the anther.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.