Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The process of spore formation.
- ‘This strongly suggests that the dyads corresponded to the final stage of sporogenesis and therefore that they occurred from a meiosis II-like division, rather than from a disrupted meiosis I.’
- ‘In the final stages of sporogenesis, a dense perine is deposited on the spore surface.’
- ‘Extensive investigations on the morphological changes during sporogenesis have afforded valuable information about this phenomenon.’
- ‘Male sporogenesis begins with the division of a diploid sporophytic cell that gives rise to the tapetal initial and the sporogenous cell.’
- ‘Two spores are produced from one pansporoblast at the end of sporogenesis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.