One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a fungus) a specialized hypha bearing sporangia.
- ‘This form has similarly shaped peltate sporangiophores.’
- ‘Each sporangiophore bears several sporangia, in which spores develop.’
- ‘The fungus can be identified microscopically by the production of its reproductive structures: the sporangiophores and sporangia.’
- ‘Generative organs are fertile zones, which are formed by numerous sporangiophores with peltate sporophylls.’
- ‘For example, the sporangiophores are very distinctive but the inner casts of the stems not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.