Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in a fungus) a specialized hypha bearing sporangia.
- ‘Each sporangiophore bears several sporangia, in which spores develop.’
- ‘Generative organs are fertile zones, which are formed by numerous sporangiophores with peltate sporophylls.’
- ‘For example, the sporangiophores are very distinctive but the inner casts of the stems not.’
- ‘The fungus can be identified microscopically by the production of its reproductive structures: the sporangiophores and sporangia.’
- ‘This form has similarly shaped peltate sporangiophores.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.