One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a fungus) a specialized hypha bearing sporangia.
- ‘Generative organs are fertile zones, which are formed by numerous sporangiophores with peltate sporophylls.’
- ‘Each sporangiophore bears several sporangia, in which spores develop.’
- ‘This form has similarly shaped peltate sporangiophores.’
- ‘The fungus can be identified microscopically by the production of its reproductive structures: the sporangiophores and sporangia.’
- ‘For example, the sporangiophores are very distinctive but the inner casts of the stems not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.