One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The supposed production of living organisms from non-living matter, as inferred from the apparent appearance of life in some supposedly sterile environments.
- ‘The origin of living beings is initially through spontaneous generation.’
- ‘He was one of the strongest opponents of the doctrine of spontaneous generation in the 17th century.’
- ‘The intense arguments for and against the concept of spontaneous generation spurred on the developments in the field.’
- ‘The further science progresses, the more unlikely spontaneous generation seems.’
- ‘In fact, classic myths, being vehicles for expressing universal patterns of unconscious thought, are filled with examples of spontaneous generation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.