One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rubber latex processed into a sponge-like substance.
- ‘This was too heavy and stiff, so we modified the design by filling the shell with sponge rubber to make it lighter and then placed a stiff piece for the metatarsals.’
- ‘His reappearance at the fall of the eighth wicket, finger encased in enough sponge rubber and plastic to protect a Ming vase, was almost the final barrier to England's progress to a second successive victory in the series.’
- ‘Their bodies were wrapped in blankets, duvets and sponge rubber.’
- ‘He outfitted Natalia with a pair of swimmer's goggles, the lenses blocked by sponge rubber and aluminum foil.’
- ‘By 1944, external prosthesis of sponge rubber for women suffering from atrophy or absence of the breast was recommended to surgeons in the Archives of Surgery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.