One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toilet bag.
- ‘My sponge bag and a bottle of water were taken from me as I pushed my way in.’
- ‘I hate packing, it makes my natural tendency towards anticipatory anxiety all the worse, but the excitement of having a new sponge bag is strangely comforting.’
- ‘We camped amid the pews, an ex-con and a hugely pregnant aristocrat waddling backwards and forwards to the public loos with her sponge bag.’
- ‘He arrived hours later with a huge case, the contents being four bras (no knickers), one nightdress he had retrieved from the laundry bin and an old sponge bag of his containing a razor and shaving cream.’
- ‘All that may sound like an immense amount, but if you take them out of their bulky packaging they will pack into your sponge bag relatively easily.’
- ‘So if I happen to forget my sponge bag while I'm travelling, I'll never have to fear body odour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.