One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Brain tissues of infected animals have a sponge-like appearance when examined under a microscope.’
- ‘Do you have a washcloth I could use, instead of this purple sponge-like thing?’
- ‘Enthusiasm is crucial, as is respect, politeness and the sponge-like ability to absorb knowledge.’
- ‘Those soggy, sponge-like blobs were enough to kill anyone's desire to go meatless.’
- ‘Then plant a giant green sponge-like hedge between you and the noise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.