One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Providing information about the plot of a television show, film, or book which if previously known may reduce surprise or suspense for a first-time viewer or reader.‘spoilery interviews with the main cast’
- ‘I'm not going to give it away, and I'm going to try to not give any spoilery hints, but I will say that the ending of the film is really horrible.’
- ‘Keep in mind that, like always, the trailer may have minor spoilery details.’
- ‘The video may prove spoilery in some parts so watch it with caution.’
- ‘Without getting too spoilery, I'll just say the spectral malcontent here is a girl nursing a familiar grudge and, of course, vents her frustration through violence.’
- ‘No matter what your opinion is on spoiler timelines, if the next movie, season, series, or book is out, discussing the last one is generally not viewed as being spoilery.’
- ‘The captions, as usual, are distracting, spoilery and off-the-mark.’
- ‘I made the mistake of reading a spoilery article about the next episode but still looking forward to it even if nothing makes sense.’
- ‘Other than the spoilery footage, the cast kept the biggest secrets about the current season under wraps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.