One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Having the corpus callosum severed or absent, so as to eliminate the main connection between the two hemispheres of the brain.‘in split-brain patients it has been shown that the left hemisphere retains language function, the right does not’
- ‘In the present paper, we use competing-task paradigms in participants with intact brains to corroborate the previous findings with split-brain patients.’
- ‘The patients with unilateral cortical damage replicated the findings with the split-brain patients.’
- ‘Imagine, then, that two different pictures are presented to the two hemispheres of a split-brain patient.’
- ‘For example, a picture of a snow scene was presented (from the left field of vision) to the right hemisphere of a split-brain patient.’
- ‘In a study involving split-brain patients, it was shown that only the left hemisphere is efficient in producing voluntary facial expressions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.