One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Inside the floors are splintery and rusty fans clank noisily above our heads.’
- ‘At the near end of the pond was a splintery wooden dock.’
- ‘The back of the truck was open, but the sides were enclosed with splintery, yellow wood.’
- ‘All three versions combine the joy of dry, splintery pastry with the joy of chewy, indigestible glop.’
- ‘She takes half-hour showers after work and makes Dr Pepper popsicles in the ice tray, splintery brown cubes she sucks between her fingers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.