One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Inside the floors are splintery and rusty fans clank noisily above our heads.’
- ‘The back of the truck was open, but the sides were enclosed with splintery, yellow wood.’
- ‘All three versions combine the joy of dry, splintery pastry with the joy of chewy, indigestible glop.’
- ‘She takes half-hour showers after work and makes Dr Pepper popsicles in the ice tray, splintery brown cubes she sucks between her fingers.’
- ‘At the near end of the pond was a splintery wooden dock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.