One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A literary genre characterized by the explicit description of horrific, violent, or pornographic scenes.‘bracketed as splatterpunk, the two novels have been condemned as outright pornography’as modifier ‘he became labelled as a splatterpunk horror writer’count noun ‘gritty novels called splatterpunks’
- ‘Sounds like the opening line from some third-rate splatterpunk novel.’
- ‘I don't read splatterpunk, so don't worry about me going there.’
- ‘These stories are extremely visceral and it's easy to see why the term ‘splatterpunk’ was coined with this type of writing in mind.’
- ‘If I'm reading splatterpunk it's okay, 'cause I'll start reading them a description.’
- ‘Hell, when I was 8 years old I was reading splatterpunk and Stephen King novels, so I have a hard time gauging these things.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.