Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A panel behind a sink or cooker that protects the wall from splashes.
- ‘The interconnecting kitchen has a range of floor and wall units, a terracotta tiled floor, a tiled splashback, cooker and a hob.’
- ‘The kitchen is Shaker-style with cherrywood worktops, cream walls and a splashback in handmade Italian tiles.’
- ‘Apartments at Market Point are fully furnished and fitted with hardwood flooring, wall and floor tiling in the bathrooms, stainless steel splashbacks on kitchen walls, and alderwood kitchen units.’
- ‘There is also a tiled splashback, quarry floor tiles, and an integrated Delmore oven and hob with extractor fan.’
- ‘The main bathroom has a tiled splashback and contains a bath and an electric shower.’
- ‘Over these are black granite-effect worktops with a tiled splashback and stainless steel sink unit.’
- ‘They can be customised with a range of accessories and optional extras including flat and ribbed griddles, pizza plates, splashbacks, ladle racks, hoods and plinth kits.’
- ‘There are also Italian floor tiles, a tiled splashback, two windows and under-eaves storage.’
- ‘In the kitchen, the O'Dwyers eschewed tiled splashbacks in favour of Opal glass.’
- ‘Oktagon can supply new doors and drawers to fix onto existing carcasses to accessorise with its own range of metal splashbacks, shelves and furniture.’
- ‘Buyers will be provided with a tiling allowance for the floors in the kitchen and bathrooms, splashbacks and around the bath.’
- ‘There is a wicker basket for oven gloves and a white-tiled splashback that smirks like a Hollywood movie star.’
- ‘It has recessed lighting, fitted wall and floor units, a tiled splashback and patio doors.’
- ‘Allow several hundred euro for matching accessories such as a hood and a splashback for a range cooker.’
- ‘The dining room is currently used as a kitchen and is fitted with a range of storage presses, a tiled splashback and sink.’
- ‘It can be used for interiors such as splashbacks, wall cladding, screens and panelling as well as exteriors, domestic or commercial purposes in kitchens, bathrooms, offices, bars, health clubs etc.’
- ‘Standard features include fitted kitchens, extensive tiling in bathroom areas and on kitchen splashbacks, Gold Shield electric heating and a security intercom system.’
- ‘To the rear the kitchen features a quarry tile floor, wall and floor units, a tiled splashback, circular sink and recessed lighting.’
- ‘The kitchen has a range of fitted wall and floor units, a tiled splashback and ceiling spotlights.’
- ‘If your home has a splashback that needs tiling, a laminate floor that's begging to be fitted or wallpaper that needs hanging, what do you do?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.