One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A panel behind a sink or cooker that protects the wall from splashes.
- ‘Apartments at Market Point are fully furnished and fitted with hardwood flooring, wall and floor tiling in the bathrooms, stainless steel splashbacks on kitchen walls, and alderwood kitchen units.’
- ‘The kitchen has a range of fitted wall and floor units, a tiled splashback and ceiling spotlights.’
- ‘The dining room is currently used as a kitchen and is fitted with a range of storage presses, a tiled splashback and sink.’
- ‘To the rear the kitchen features a quarry tile floor, wall and floor units, a tiled splashback, circular sink and recessed lighting.’
- ‘The main bathroom has a tiled splashback and contains a bath and an electric shower.’
- ‘If your home has a splashback that needs tiling, a laminate floor that's begging to be fitted or wallpaper that needs hanging, what do you do?’
- ‘It can be used for interiors such as splashbacks, wall cladding, screens and panelling as well as exteriors, domestic or commercial purposes in kitchens, bathrooms, offices, bars, health clubs etc.’
- ‘They can be customised with a range of accessories and optional extras including flat and ribbed griddles, pizza plates, splashbacks, ladle racks, hoods and plinth kits.’
- ‘It has recessed lighting, fitted wall and floor units, a tiled splashback and patio doors.’
- ‘The interconnecting kitchen has a range of floor and wall units, a terracotta tiled floor, a tiled splashback, cooker and a hob.’
- ‘Standard features include fitted kitchens, extensive tiling in bathroom areas and on kitchen splashbacks, Gold Shield electric heating and a security intercom system.’
- ‘There is also a tiled splashback, quarry floor tiles, and an integrated Delmore oven and hob with extractor fan.’
- ‘Allow several hundred euro for matching accessories such as a hood and a splashback for a range cooker.’
- ‘Over these are black granite-effect worktops with a tiled splashback and stainless steel sink unit.’
- ‘There is a wicker basket for oven gloves and a white-tiled splashback that smirks like a Hollywood movie star.’
- ‘Oktagon can supply new doors and drawers to fix onto existing carcasses to accessorise with its own range of metal splashbacks, shelves and furniture.’
- ‘There are also Italian floor tiles, a tiled splashback, two windows and under-eaves storage.’
- ‘In the kitchen, the O'Dwyers eschewed tiled splashbacks in favour of Opal glass.’
- ‘Buyers will be provided with a tiling allowance for the floors in the kitchen and bathrooms, splashbacks and around the bath.’
- ‘The kitchen is Shaker-style with cherrywood worktops, cream walls and a splashback in handmade Italian tiles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.