One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He examined his teeth once more, honed some of the spikes in his hair with a couple spitty fingers, opened the bathroom door and sprinted down the hall.’
- ‘You parents out there know the kind: big, spitty, open-mouthed kisses.’
- ‘Among the things that were finally on my face and white uniform were grass, spit, chewed spitty grass, and grassy spit.’
- ‘Bits of spitty broken candies went everywhere.’
- ‘The two young men ignore each other until it would be ridiculous to continue, and then fall into a spitty little conversation in front of the hotel fireplace.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.