One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bits of spitty broken candies went everywhere.’
- ‘You parents out there know the kind: big, spitty, open-mouthed kisses.’
- ‘The two young men ignore each other until it would be ridiculous to continue, and then fall into a spitty little conversation in front of the hotel fireplace.’
- ‘He examined his teeth once more, honed some of the spikes in his hair with a couple spitty fingers, opened the bathroom door and sprinted down the hall.’
- ‘Among the things that were finally on my face and white uniform were grass, spit, chewed spitty grass, and grassy spit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.