One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for froghopper
- ‘It is used routinely in Brazil to control spittlebugs on alfalfa or sugarcane, and one variety is now being applied widely in Africa against locusts and grasshoppers.’
- ‘The froghopper is also known as the spittlebug.’
- ‘The tiny spittlebug, or froghopper, leaped into the scientific spotlight in a July 2003 issue of the journal Nature.’
- ‘Philaenus spumarius, more commonly known as the spittlebug, is an abundant insect in the summer in the UK.’
- ‘The expectorating nymph is better known as a spittlebug.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.