One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for froghopper
- ‘It is used routinely in Brazil to control spittlebugs on alfalfa or sugarcane, and one variety is now being applied widely in Africa against locusts and grasshoppers.’
- ‘The expectorating nymph is better known as a spittlebug.’
- ‘The tiny spittlebug, or froghopper, leaped into the scientific spotlight in a July 2003 issue of the journal Nature.’
- ‘The froghopper is also known as the spittlebug.’
- ‘Philaenus spumarius, more commonly known as the spittlebug, is an abundant insect in the summer in the UK.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.