One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The tabs noted that virtually an entire hour-long episode is dedicated to the consequences of a bowel movement that young Philip spitefully, desperately deposited on the desk of his village schoolteacher.’
- ‘While the Arab media mockingly and spitefully spread the news of this expected development, Iraqis were scratching their heads in confusion.’
- ‘Betty was ‘needy’, craving her daughter's affection to such an extent that Lulu, then still Marie, spitefully withheld it.’
- ‘I have zero tolerance of such behaviour and have been known to scowl as spitefully as I can at the perpetrators, especially if they make eye-contact with me, or, god forbid, smile at me.’
- ‘To be honest, it would feel spitefully delightful to withhold my name from the church's accounting of souls, considering the misery it has inflicted on my kind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.