Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- North American term for kiss-curl
- ‘Does it remind you of Clark Kent pulling off his glasses, adding a spit curl, and suddenly no one can recognize that he is Superman?’
- ‘We could really move away from the spit curl and the greased-out hair.’
- ‘Or, add pomade in the front only and create a spit curl or a fancy fringe.’
- ‘All of the women are luscious, in their bouffants and spit curls, breasts thankfully free of major surgical enhancement and liberated to move like they have a mind of their own.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.