One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An instrument for recording breathing movements.
2Spirographtrademark A toy which is used to draw intricate curved patterns using interlocking plastic cogs and toothed rings of different sizes.
- ‘So if you really need to express yourself that bad, go buy yourself an Etch-a-Sketch or Spirograph.’
- ‘Demand shifted in the 1960s to Spirograph, Sindy, Barbie, Action Man and Stylophone.’
- ‘Crisply geometric, these were rendered on an epic scale with that magical tool of childhood, the Spirograph.’
- ‘The Spirograph was a great toy, at least for around a half-hour.’
- ‘Crisscross patterns are fine, but when the outfield starts to resemble a Spirograph design gone crazy, you start to wonder if the groundskeeper has enough to do.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.