One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The terms he uses (haunting, poltergeist, medium, seance) come from a spiritualistic perspective.’
- ‘I do not myself contend that the proof is as overwhelming as in the case of spiritualistic phenomena.’
- ‘Immediately after urging me to write, he would begin talking rapidly on some spiritualistic subject.’
- ‘Alexandrian theology is generally Platonistic and spiritualistic and it sees the soul as the center of human existence.’
- ‘Any discussion of his spiritualistic bent must begin with Mrs Piper.’
- ‘Sir Arthur actually expresses the opinion that Houdini would be ‘helped’ by being shown genuine spiritualistic phenomena, as if that were the greatest goal imaginable.’
- ‘During the heyday of spiritualism, many writers speculated about spiritualistic phenomena, offering concepts of bodily forces as explanations.’
- ‘But the terms he uses (haunting, poltergeist, medium, seance) come from a spiritualistic perspective.’
- ‘In response, the pointer allegedly moves in such a way as to spell out or point to a spiritualistic and telepathic answer on the board.’
- ‘I rather agree with Houdini who had done spiritualistic stunts during his early career.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.