One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During the heyday of spiritualism, many writers speculated about spiritualistic phenomena, offering concepts of bodily forces as explanations.’
- ‘Sir Arthur actually expresses the opinion that Houdini would be ‘helped’ by being shown genuine spiritualistic phenomena, as if that were the greatest goal imaginable.’
- ‘In response, the pointer allegedly moves in such a way as to spell out or point to a spiritualistic and telepathic answer on the board.’
- ‘But the terms he uses (haunting, poltergeist, medium, seance) come from a spiritualistic perspective.’
- ‘I rather agree with Houdini who had done spiritualistic stunts during his early career.’
- ‘Immediately after urging me to write, he would begin talking rapidly on some spiritualistic subject.’
- ‘The terms he uses (haunting, poltergeist, medium, seance) come from a spiritualistic perspective.’
- ‘Any discussion of his spiritualistic bent must begin with Mrs Piper.’
- ‘Alexandrian theology is generally Platonistic and spiritualistic and it sees the soul as the center of human existence.’
- ‘I do not myself contend that the proof is as overwhelming as in the case of spiritualistic phenomena.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.