One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Also, even though we cover everything, and have been quite spiritedly political of late, we are perceived as a pop culture site, and a lot of bloggers don't see this as ‘serious.’’
- ‘Four points down in minutes, Mayo fought back spiritedly to go ahead, but by half-time the power and guile of the Leinster men had put them ahead again.’
- ‘The striker's selective use of statistics ignores three comprehensive defeats, and a difference in points the width of the North Sea, but he adds spiritedly: ‘Of course we can lie down and die.’’
- ‘‘Well, I have six years in which to learn,’ she said spiritedly.’
- ‘Although the game had to be stopped due to a player suffering injury, Glaxo spiritedly opted to carry on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.