One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quick-drying solution of gum, chiefly used by actors to attach false hair to their faces.
- ‘Facial hair was made from clippings from small braids of real hair and spirit gum and we then used pens and shadows to create the illusion of shadow and shaving-beaten skin.’
- ‘This is then applied to the pre-shaved pubic area with spirit gum; alternatively the wig can be attached to a transparent G-string.’
- ‘I'd cut the piece into an oval just large enough to cover the facial features and use spirit gum to seal it around the face.’
- ‘I was so frightened by this man; the only thing that got me out of it is when we started to do our scene and I got close to him, was the smell of spirit gum which he had used so cleverly.’
- ‘I woke up with my hair glued to my ears with spirit gum, but still contend it was worth it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.