One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The constraint which forces spirantization also predicts the distribution of released and unreleased stops.’
- ‘This study addresses whether or not intervocalic nasal consonants in Spanish undergo spirantization in aerodynamic terms.’
- ‘The first question concerns the nature of this spirantization: do the triggers (vowel, glide, plosive) form a natural class?’
- ‘A subtle feature of Japanese allophonic variation is that spirantization of certain affricates occurring word-internally.’
- ‘This paper presents the results of a first acoustic phonetic investigation into voiceless spirantization in the variety of Tuscan Italian spoken in Siena.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.