One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The effect is created by spirally curved, inward-pointing needles that twist covetously around the plant's flexible stems - cascading locks on a seemingly restless tree.’
- ‘The woolly mammoth has two distinctive spirally curved tusks up to 3.5 metres long.’
- ‘Within 1 hr, the resulting spirally coiled, gelatinous spermatophore has been transferred to the female.’
- ‘Pinaceae are Monoecious with small pollen cones and larger seed cones with spirally arranged scales.’
- ‘The central awn in A. simpliciflora is prominently spiral-twisted and contorted to 180 degrees versus spreading to deflexed and not conspicuously spirally twisted basally in A. virgata.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.