One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for spur-dog
- ‘To date, the researchers have succeeded in outfitting spiny dogfish, a small shark species, with neural implants and stimulating the brain region sensitive to smell.’
- ‘In the UK, don't buy ‘rock salmon’ - it could be spiny dogfish.’
- ‘No, I mean, that's a small spiny dogfish shark.’
- ‘Many elasmobranchs may use a combination of these behaviors, such as the spiny dogfish, S. acanthus, which uses all three mechanisms variably to capture prey depending on prey size.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.