One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for spur-dog
- ‘To date, the researchers have succeeded in outfitting spiny dogfish, a small shark species, with neural implants and stimulating the brain region sensitive to smell.’
- ‘Many elasmobranchs may use a combination of these behaviors, such as the spiny dogfish, S. acanthus, which uses all three mechanisms variably to capture prey depending on prey size.’
- ‘In the UK, don't buy ‘rock salmon’ - it could be spiny dogfish.’
- ‘No, I mean, that's a small spiny dogfish shark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.