One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for thorny-headed worm
- ‘This spiny-headed worm uses the spines on its head to attach to the small intestine of a fish.’
- ‘The larvae of spiny-headed worms develop in various species of crustaceans or insects.’
- ‘In a species of spiny-headed worm, males use their cements on each other, trying to gum up their rivals.’
- ‘Flukes, tapeworms, spiny-headed worms and roundworms are the four main types of internal parasites.’
- ‘Fish act as the main hosts for the adults of spiny-headed worms in the class Eocanthocephala, with crustaceans and aquatic insects acting as intermediate hosts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.