One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for thorny-headed worm
- ‘In a species of spiny-headed worm, males use their cements on each other, trying to gum up their rivals.’
- ‘The larvae of spiny-headed worms develop in various species of crustaceans or insects.’
- ‘Flukes, tapeworms, spiny-headed worms and roundworms are the four main types of internal parasites.’
- ‘Fish act as the main hosts for the adults of spiny-headed worms in the class Eocanthocephala, with crustaceans and aquatic insects acting as intermediate hosts.’
- ‘This spiny-headed worm uses the spines on its head to attach to the small intestine of a fish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.