One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I swear to God… I am preparing for my spinsterhood.’
- ‘Or perhaps, in a more generous mood, you'd have her turning 40 and sinking gracefully into the silent oblivion of confirmed spinsterhood.’
- ‘Often they picked one child - usually a daughter - to stay home with the parents, caring for them well into her spinsterhood.’
- ‘Her omnipotent Jewish mother valiantly works to end her daughter's spinsterhood, but to no avail.’
- ‘Is this the sound of my impending spinsterhood?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.