One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Dutch philosopher Spinoza or his ideas.‘the influence of the Spinozistic system’
- ‘Pain and reversal have bequeathed to him an indifference to the fickle viscissitudes of outrageous fortune that is 'philosophical' in both the colloquial, and the rigorously Spinozistic, sense.’
- ‘The director's vision is of an immanent, impersonal, Spinozistic God, where God = Nature.’
- ‘These are arguments for the existence of a Spinozistic or Deistic 'God of Nature' who or which leaves Nature and its creatures entirely to their own devices.’
- ‘Much has been written about the response of Einstein's contemporaries to his Spinozistic cosmic religion.’
- ‘He's attained a Spinozistic wisdom, an awareness 'that there can be no hope without fear, and no fear without hope'.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.