Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An expert at bowling with spin.
- ‘Fleetwood-Smith was a left arm spin bowler, bowling out of the back of his hand.’
- ‘Henderson is rated by the experts as the best spin bowler in SA and yet he cannot secure a berth in the national team.’
- ‘He really must be the worst spin bowler in the world, and that is a very honourable position to have, especially when Giles is around.’
- ‘This enables the spin bowler to turn the ball and also enables the fast bowler to ‘lift’ more than formerly.’’
- ‘Who became the first spin bowler in history to take 500 Test wickets?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.