One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reveal secret information unintentionally or indiscreetly.
reveal everything, tell all, give the game away, talkView synonyms
- ‘I am certainly disappointed that since her death so many people that she trusted have broken that trust and for financial gain have spilt the beans.’
- ‘It's not only the British insiders who're spilling the beans.’
- ‘I am surprised that the affair happened, but I can't in all honesty be astonished that she has finally spilled the beans.’
- ‘Webb spilled the beans to Taylor and Ferguson never forgave him.’
- ‘I went to the agency and spilled the beans - I was very confused about everything.’
- ‘In addition to telling us the good, the not-so-good and the surprising news about your relationship with food, you also spilled the beans on your deepest, darkest dieting secrets.’
- ‘I've spilled the beans and probably deserve to be cast into the outer darkness for offending the code concerning ‘journalistic ethics’.’
- ‘Eleven Italian masters were tracked down in Belgium after a doctor from Milan spilt the beans on a Belgian art dealer.’
- ‘The girls scampered outside to play, so Laurie couldn't pump them for information - little children will usually spill the beans without meaning to.’
- ‘So why are so many politicians so prickly when one of their number spills the beans on another?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.