One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reveal secret information unintentionally or indiscreetly.
reveal everything, tell all, give the game away, talkView synonyms
- ‘It's not only the British insiders who're spilling the beans.’
- ‘I've spilled the beans and probably deserve to be cast into the outer darkness for offending the code concerning ‘journalistic ethics’.’
- ‘I went to the agency and spilled the beans - I was very confused about everything.’
- ‘In addition to telling us the good, the not-so-good and the surprising news about your relationship with food, you also spilled the beans on your deepest, darkest dieting secrets.’
- ‘Webb spilled the beans to Taylor and Ferguson never forgave him.’
- ‘I am surprised that the affair happened, but I can't in all honesty be astonished that she has finally spilled the beans.’
- ‘I am certainly disappointed that since her death so many people that she trusted have broken that trust and for financial gain have spilt the beans.’
- ‘So why are so many politicians so prickly when one of their number spills the beans on another?’
- ‘Eleven Italian masters were tracked down in Belgium after a doctor from Milan spilt the beans on a Belgian art dealer.’
- ‘The girls scampered outside to play, so Laurie couldn't pump them for information - little children will usually spill the beans without meaning to.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.