One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reveal copious information to someone in an uninhibited way.
- ‘I was horrifically guilt-stricken and tempted to call his wife and spill my guts but I never did.’
- ‘There's something inherently unglamorous about someone sitting in front of a screen, spilling their guts.’
- ‘Well, it's not like he spills his guts to me or anything.’
- ‘Stephenson sat on the sink in his dressing-room while he spilled his guts about his marriage problems.’
- ‘If she feels the urge to spill her guts again, recommend that she speak to one of her friends instead.’
- ‘I can rant or cry or laugh or be stupid or spill my guts, and she understands.’
- ‘She spills her guts and begs him not to tell Izzy.’
- ‘If you don't wind up spilling your guts, at least sound her out on the possibility of visiting her.’
- ‘But spilling my guts on an Internet blog diary everyday is not something that I'm into.’
- ‘There's something about the Internet that encourages us to spill our guts, often in rather outrageous ways.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.