One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high tapering heel on a woman's shoe.‘she tottered forwards on five-inch spike heels’
wedge, wedge heel, stiletto, stiletto heel, platform heel, cuban heel, kitten heel, louis heel, stacked heelView synonyms
- ‘All he could see of her costume were her sheer black stockings and three-inch spike heels.’
- ‘Off the main streets, one can see women teetering on spike heels across cobblestones, a symptom of Romania's struggle to accommodate new and old.’
- ‘His hungry eyes devoured the short tight red dress that showed her sexy legs, spike heels and low front, which did little to hide her pumped up cleavage.’
- ‘She made her way to the middle of the stage precipitously balanced on spike heels.’
- ‘She's wearing a short skirt, black leather boots with spike heels, and a black tank top.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.