An American plant whose flowers bear long hairy stamens.
- ‘Many evergreen ornamental foliage plants and flowering plants, including ivy, aloe, ceriman and spiderwort, have special effects to decompose formaldehyde.’
- ‘Tropical spiderwort, inconsequential for seven decades, has recently spread in alarming proportions in fields in Georgia, Florida and North Carolina.’
- ‘When summer-flowering perennials such as bellflowers, geraniums, lychnis, Shasta daisies, and spiderworts finish blooming and start to look tattered, cut back their stems to the rosette of new foliage at the base of the plants.’
- ‘Spring-blooming wildflowers are the broad-leaved spiderwort, downy yellow violet, and hairy phlox.’
- ‘In the few places where sunlight had good purchase, patches of spiderwort crowned with their blue flowers carpeted the ground.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.