One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even her hair is wispy and desiccated, a spiderish black, standing out from her head as if electrified.’
- ‘Ms. Winters does a spectacular job weaving the mystery into a spiderish web of intrigue.’
- ‘The most decidedly passionate female character in the book is a smothering, multi-eyed, hungry, very round spiderish monster, whose very roundness is her most disgusting characteristic.’
- ‘He savoured such incidents, which he quickly noted in his spiderish hand-writing, to be retrieved for use on some later date.’
- ‘Here's an author who has intimate, first-hand knowledge of Eastern Europe, TV journalism, and the spiderish, down-and-dirty world of espionage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.