One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An orchid with a flower that is said to resemble a spider.
Several genera in the family Orchidaceae, in particular Ophrys of Europe, related to the bee orchid, Caladenia of Australia, with long, narrow petals and sepals, and the epiphytic tree spider orchids (Dendrobium) of Australia
- ‘This is it caladenia integra, the smooth-lipped spider orchid.’
- ‘Join in a walk around the Hoe discovering the early spider orchids.’
- ‘Rare species of spider orchids are suddenly appearing in unexpected places in the cypress forests outside Narrandera.’
- ‘The common name of this genus of orchids - spider orchids - reflects the ungainly appearance of the flowers.’
- ‘The greenish yellow flowers are unique to this coastal spider orchid.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.