One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An orchid with a flower that is said to resemble a spider.
- ‘Rare species of spider orchids are suddenly appearing in unexpected places in the cypress forests outside Narrandera.’
- ‘Join in a walk around the Hoe discovering the early spider orchids.’
- ‘The greenish yellow flowers are unique to this coastal spider orchid.’
- ‘The common name of this genus of orchids - spider orchids - reflects the ungainly appearance of the flowers.’
- ‘This is it caladenia integra, the smooth-lipped spider orchid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.