Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An orchid with a flower that is said to resemble a spider.
- ‘This is it caladenia integra, the smooth-lipped spider orchid.’
- ‘Join in a walk around the Hoe discovering the early spider orchids.’
- ‘The greenish yellow flowers are unique to this coastal spider orchid.’
- ‘The common name of this genus of orchids - spider orchids - reflects the ungainly appearance of the flowers.’
- ‘Rare species of spider orchids are suddenly appearing in unexpected places in the cypress forests outside Narrandera.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.