One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cluster of minute red blood vessels visible under the skin, occurring typically during pregnancy or as a symptom of certain diseases (e.g. cirrhosis or acne rosacea).
- ‘The injection of a small amount of solution is normally enough to cause the spider naevus to disappear.’
- ‘Most red scars and spider naevi are treatable in one or two sessions.’
- ‘The best response is seen with small thread veins, spider naevi and rosacea.’
- ‘As one can see from this picture, the spider naevi are not easily visualized in a picture.’
- ‘A 34-year-old patient has experienced spider naevus on her right arm since the age of 10.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.