Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cluster of minute red blood vessels visible under the skin, occurring typically during pregnancy or as a symptom of certain diseases (e.g. cirrhosis or acne rosacea).
- ‘The injection of a small amount of solution is normally enough to cause the spider naevus to disappear.’
- ‘Most red scars and spider naevi are treatable in one or two sessions.’
- ‘The best response is seen with small thread veins, spider naevi and rosacea.’
- ‘A 34-year-old patient has experienced spider naevus on her right arm since the age of 10.’
- ‘As one can see from this picture, the spider naevi are not easily visualized in a picture.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.