One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A South American monkey with very long limbs and a long prehensile tail.
Genus Brachyteles, family Cebidae: four species. See also woolly spider monkey
- ‘Among tamarins and spider monkeys, all males are dichromats - they can't perceive reds or greens.’
- ‘Everyone then heads for Monkey Island, home for an assortment of spider monkeys.’
- ‘She is particularly keen to see spider monkeys, which are often rather elusive.’
- ‘She looked to see a small and agile spider monkey with her banana.’
- ‘They included films about giant tarantulas, jaguars, spider monkeys, vampire bats and many other jungle creatures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.