One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant with clusters of flowers which have long protruding stamens or styles.
a South American plant (genus Cleome, family Capparidaceae, in particular C. hassleriana).
an Australian grevillea.
- ‘If you grow plants that are notorious self-seeders, such as spider flower, removing the mulch at the end of the season will help to clear away most of the seeds as well.’
- ‘Native to South America, spider flower is a fast-growing annual that typically rises to 3-6’ tall on rigid stems.’
- ‘The images of the other four spider flowers were taken in the Lane Cove National Park in Sydney.’
- ‘Cleome, or spider flower, another reseeding annual, will give a bed height with its white, pink/purple blooms.’
- ‘Cleome is known as the spider flower, and blooms in white or shades of pink or purple.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.