One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Heart rate, oxygen saturation, and blood pressure were recorded by electrocardiography, pulse oximetry, and sphygmomanometry, respectively.’
- ‘Conventional sphygmomanometry is recommended for general use, but systolic pressure is preferred to diastolic pressure because of greater accuracy and reproducibility.’
- ‘Although it will be some years before any move is made to replace the millimetre of mercury, we must prepare for changes in clinical sphygmomanometry.’
- ‘Office-based measurement of blood pressure using aneroid or mercury sphygmomanometry is central to such visits.’
- ‘A total of 19 attending physicians were assessed for ability in measuring PP by sphygmomanometry and by palpation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.