One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument which produces a line recording the strength and rate of a person's pulse.
- ‘Included in the collection are a small number of sphygmographs, the first device to take a reading and transcribe it onto a chart.’
- ‘Dudgeon's sphygmograph was used for the pulse tracings.’
- ‘The sphygmograph was a first step in standardizing the recording and evaluation of pulses using technology.’
- ‘Using polygraphs, sphygmographs, dromographs and other myographs, he succeeded in analysing diagramatically the walk of man and of horse, the flight of birds and insects.’
- ‘The pulse tracings by the sphygmograph are equally significant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.