One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a class of compounds which are fatty acid derivatives of sphingosine and occur chiefly in the cell membranes of the brain and nervous tissue.
- ‘Previous studies of this phenomenon have focused mainly on systems combining cholesterol with PC and sphingolipids.’
- ‘Sphingomyelins are the only sphingolipid that are phospholipids.’
- ‘The most important sphingolipids are sphingomyelins.’
- ‘In biological membranes, sphingolipids are essentially localized on the outer leaflet of the plasma membrane.’
- ‘We have modeled sphingomyelin, the most common sphingolipid in mammalian cells, by means of molecular dynamics simulations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.