One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bacterium or plant cell bound by its plasma membrane, the cell wall being deficient or lacking and the whole having a spherical form.
- ‘The clearest results obtained when all variations of the test conditions could be executed on every spheroplast studied.’
- ‘The channel activity was characterized in giant spheroplasts by patch clamp.’
- ‘Mitochondria were isolated after conversion of cells to spheroplasts.’
- ‘Channel current was obtained from inside-out patches from spheroplasts.’
- ‘Unlike some previous studies the use of this virus system avoids the requirements of generating spheroplasts from host cells before titering viral infectivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.