One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bacterium or plant cell bound by its plasma membrane, the cell wall being deficient or lacking and the whole having a spherical form.
- ‘Mitochondria were isolated after conversion of cells to spheroplasts.’
- ‘Unlike some previous studies the use of this virus system avoids the requirements of generating spheroplasts from host cells before titering viral infectivity.’
- ‘The channel activity was characterized in giant spheroplasts by patch clamp.’
- ‘The clearest results obtained when all variations of the test conditions could be executed on every spheroplast studied.’
- ‘Channel current was obtained from inside-out patches from spheroplasts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.