One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production or development of mature spermatozoa.
- ‘Reproductive maturity is achieved with the establishment of regular menstruation and ovulation in females and mature spermatogenesis in males.’
- ‘The strategy for spermatogenesis - the production of sperm - is different.’
- ‘Its production - spermatogenesis - involves cell divisions and reorganization of chromosomal material, which generates genetic diversity.’
- ‘When teaching students, I describe the processes of spermatogenesis, ovulation and fertilisation as a continuum with implantation and early pregnancy development.’
- ‘The constant effect over time argues in favour of either paternal germ cell mutation or other damage to spermatogenic stem cells or the testicular cells necessary for supporting spermatogenesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.