One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production or development of mature spermatozoa.
- ‘The constant effect over time argues in favour of either paternal germ cell mutation or other damage to spermatogenic stem cells or the testicular cells necessary for supporting spermatogenesis.’
- ‘When teaching students, I describe the processes of spermatogenesis, ovulation and fertilisation as a continuum with implantation and early pregnancy development.’
- ‘The strategy for spermatogenesis - the production of sperm - is different.’
- ‘Reproductive maturity is achieved with the establishment of regular menstruation and ovulation in females and mature spermatogenesis in males.’
- ‘Its production - spermatogenesis - involves cell divisions and reorganization of chromosomal material, which generates genetic diversity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.