Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bundle of nerves, ducts, and blood vessels connecting the testicles to the abdominal cavity.
- ‘Each testis dragged after it a string of elongating vessels and nerves and the vas deferens; these constitute the spermatic cords.’
- ‘Balls contain the spermatic cord as well arteries, veins and nerves, apparently, and don't like to be twisted or compressed.’
- ‘Each testicle is connected to the body by cords (the spermatic cords), which contain blood vessels, nerves and the vas deferens, a tube that carries sperm to the penis during ejaculation.’
- ‘The epididymis, rete testis, and spermatic cord were free of tumor.’
- ‘We report the clinical and pathologic features of 2 cases of non-Hodgkin lymphoma arising in the epididymis and the spermatic cord.’
- ‘Severe pain and swelling of the testis occurs if the spermatic cord is twisted (torsion).’
- ‘The neck of this balloon runs along the spermatic cord and opens into the abdomen.’
- ‘The subcutaneous tumor was located just above the left inguinal canal and did not contact the underlying tissues, such as spermatic cord, muscles, blood vessels, and nerves.’
- ‘The left side vein of the spermatic cord connects to the left kidney vein at a 90 degree angle, while the right side vein of the spermatic cord connects directly to the vena cava.’
- ‘The specimen consisted of a testis and attached spermatic cord, together weighing 81 g.’
- ‘The specimen consisted of right testis (3.2 cm in greatest dimension), epididymis, spermatic cord, and inguinal lymph node.’
- ‘Within the inguinal canal, the nerve usually lies ventral to the spermatic cord but it may lie beneath the cord and/or within it.’
- ‘Within the scrotum, structures such as the epididymis, spermatic cord, dartos fascia, and blood vessels could be sites of origin of benign smooth muscle tumors.’
- ‘Torsion of the testicle occurs when the testicle twists around the spermatic cord, cutting off blood supply to the testicle, causing acute pain and swelling.’
- ‘Microscopically, a population of large atypical lymphoid cells with a diffuse growth pattern infiltrated the spermatic cord.’
- ‘The femoral artery and vein are in the fossa ovalis, and the spermatic cords are presently in a medial position.’
- ‘In men, hernias often develop in the region where the spermatic cord and blood vessels to the testicles exit the abdominal cavity and enter the scrotum.’
- ‘The spermatic cords are well defined on both the right and left sides in this section.’
- ‘The specimen consisted of testis with attached epididymis and spermatic cord.’
- ‘The pampiniform plexus of veins can be seen within the spermatic cords, which flank the proximal part of the penis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.