One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where semen is kept in cold storage for use in artificial insemination.
- ‘Their only hope of fathering children is to store their sperm at a sperm bank before they start chemotherapy.’
- ‘While waiting to make a deposit at a sperm bank, they overhear a loquacious orderly talking on the phone about a patient.’
- ‘The director of a sperm bank in the Northeast characterized the consumer selection process in this way.’
- ‘I was honest about being gay at the first sperm bank I went to - and so my semen was tossed out with the trash.’
- ‘Indeed, there was talk of creating a sperm bank for geniuses.’
- ‘Jeremy had eagerly donated to the Nobel sperm bank, and spawned many, many children with various wives, because he wanted to spread his seed as far as possible.’
- ‘I just tell him I got them from the sperm bank instead of boys I know.’
- ‘As a precaution, many men store their sperm in a sperm bank before treatment.’
- ‘But the following month, when I called to place my order with the sperm bank, I learned the donor I had chosen was no longer available.’
- ‘In October it also became the first US sperm bank to set up shop in Canada.’
- ‘We did a lot of research on the sperm bank, the donors, and what you have to go through.’
- ‘In your passion for researching the story, you, too, went through the process of donating in a sperm bank - although you did not make your genetic material available for others to use.’
- ‘Like some men who prefer not to donate to a sperm bank, many couples would rather not reproduce at all than reproduce without having any subsequent relationship with resulting offspring.’
- ‘He'll be responsible for child support for 18 years, and things could get messy, while the law does protect people who donate sperm to a sperm bank.’
- ‘California Cryobank, the largest sperm bank in the country, can store semen indefinitely at 312 degrees below Fahrenheit.’
- ‘When infertility is a possible outcome arising from a variety of medical conditions, it may be worth considering having sperm saved in a sperm bank for later use.’
- ‘We have already had a few phone calls from concerned men who put sperm into the sperm bank.’
- ‘Did you not read the part about the trip to the sperm bank?’
- ‘There's nothing stopping your lesbian friends from visiting a sperm bank and appointing you an honorary uncle thereafter.’
- ‘We moved on to fertility drugs and then frozen sperm purchased through a sperm bank.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.